Monday 9 July 2012

Get the Gringo (2012)


I didn’t really expect much from Get the Gringo, but it definitely surprised me, that’s for sure. Get the Gringo is a well made, and satisfying action drama that keeps you interested the whole experience. I have to say I liked Mel despite his unbecoming reputation as of late, he pushes past this to create his typically hardened-but-humorous, likable character. What really prevents the movie from being better is a more a depthy plot, in that regard it was a bit like Drive in a Mexican Prison (though not as well executed, where Drive didn’t need the extra depth, GTG suffered from not having it.)

7/10 - All in all, I would definitely recommend Get the Gringo. It’s a small scale movie, and it definitely has its flaws, but a likable lead, good performances and an interesting (but simple) enough premise drive this well crafted film to the finish line. It won’t be winning any awards, but it’s still a good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment